Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:42:55 -0500
From:      Steven Stallion <sstallion@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   APC PowerChut Network Shutdown

All,

I've been experimenting with updating PCNS with support for FreeBSD
and at this point it's looking like this can be done entirely by
patching installation files. I'm curious if others on the list would
have any appetite for this becoming a port. The only catch is the
software is not redistributable - RESTRICTED and NOFETCHFILES will
most likely apply.

Assuming I get a thumbs up (maybe even two), what would be the least
hostile way to introduce this? This reminds me somewhat of how Java
used to be packaged years ago, requiring a manual download to
distfiles. Is this still the preferred mechanism?

Cheers,
Steve