Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      qcentury <qcentury@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   This is a kde question but...

This is a kde question but I think it relates to
default permissions in FreeBSD in general.

The problem does not exit when I log in as root and
launch kde (via xinit), but for all other users on the
ystem other than root:

When I try to create an program icon on the desktop
using a template icon (the gear-shaped one), every
time I try to change the properties of the icon (for
example, to change the icon, or to enter a binary
string to tell the icon how to launch the program), a
warning window comes up saying:

kfm error
Cannot save changes.

Any idea why?  In which files are these changes
written. such as the choice of icon, or the Execute
string, or the permissions changes?

I went to a few kde websites, but I couldn't find any
mention of this problem.

P.S. The cause here probably relate sto another
problem I emailed about earlier today, about netscape
only running for me when I am root (All other users
can't run it without su'ing to root in a terminal
window and running netscape from there).