Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:45:56 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.org>, fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone working on fsck?

"Poul-Henning Kamp" wrote:
> In message <20030317234836.GG9422@wantadilla.lemis.com>, "Greg 'groggy' Lehey
    "
> writes:
>
> >> Optimizing fsck is a valid project, I just wish it would be somebody
> >> who would also finish the last 30% who would do it.
> >
> >Poul-Henning, how can you justify the second half of that sentence?  I
> >take exception to the implications.  In case anybody is in any doubt,
> >I've heard you say this sort of thing about julian before.  Please
> >don't do it again.
>
> I'll stop as soon as KSE is finished, fair ?

Poul-Henning.. this is a bit of a cheap shot.  Your point may be valid, but
this isn't the way to express it as it just turns into a 'phk is being
mean again' flamewar and the message gets lost in the noise.

Anyway, the deadline for KSE to be demonstrated as robust in order to avoid
getting disabled for 5.x is getting closer.  I'm glad it was going to be
finished inside 2 months, starting about 18 months ago. (See the 5.x release
milestones for the actual deadline, June 30 if I recall correctly.)

Cheers,
-Peter