Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:06:25 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@usw4.freebsd.org>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Scrapping the "distrib" distinction (Re: cvs commit: libh/release/scripts installdistrib.tcl)

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

Shouldn't "distribs" be the same as "packages"?

I think we should move all the distribs in (finer-grained?) packages so
that we have more control over the upgrade procedures, etc. Currently,
when someone installs the "bin" distro, he doesn't have any idea of what
is being put on the system, basically. It's just a plain tar zfxv -. :(

In other words, everything should be packages, and the distrib concept
should be scrapped and replaced by "packages" and "third-party
packages".

I thought that this was general consensus. Does this commit go against
this?

I personnally thought libh also had a mission of kicking out the door
the old distrib concept. :)

A.

On Wed Oct 10, 2001 at 02:52:59PM -0500, Alexander Langer wrote:
> alex        2001/10/10 14:52:59 CDT
>=20
>   Added files:
>     release/scripts      installdistrib.tcl=20
>   Log:
>   Add file to install distribs.  At least theoretically.  Not yet impleme=
nted.

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--