Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:42:16 -0700
From:      "Doug Hubbell" <DHubbell@TecateGroup.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Backup Software For FreeBSD 2.2.8

Does anybody know of a commercial backup software for FreeBSD?
I realize there is tar, dump, and restore.  I was hoping to find a simple
text base menu interface that would backup a local system, and restore when
necessary.

I've seen BRU, and do not wish to install.  Bru requires X-Windows, or a 80
character command line.  All I want is a  Menu.  I've used MicroLite's
BackupEdge for AIX systems, and would like the same program for FreeBSD!

I have a 8MM Exabyte 5GB 8505XL tape drive on a Adaptec 2940A, running
FreeBSD 2.2.8

Please suggest a solid backup solution!

Thanks,

Doug Hubbell