Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:08:08 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Maxim Mazurok <maxim@km.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console patch part II...

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:58:16AM +0200, Maxim Mazurok wrote:

> >You need puc(4) to detect the SAB, and you need uart(4) to handle
> >the individual channels of the SAB and the NS16550 (or compat).
> >
> >Remove sab(4), sio(4) [which doesn't work anyway] and ofw_console(4).
>
> if i remove ofw_console i may need to add sc(4)?

If your console is not serial, yes. However, sc(4) is currently
broken on sparc64.

If you don't want to use a serial console, you can continue to
use ofw_console(4). However, you cannot select a serial console
if the kernel has both ofw_console(4) and uart(4).
Note also that you may get into trouble with the keyboard. I
don't know for sure, because I don't have a keyboard for my U5.
I think that both ofw_console(4) and uart(4) will try to control
the keyboard at the same time (ofw_console(4) of course does
this indirectly through the OF).