Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:17:12 -0600
From:      Morrow Dana TSgt AMC CSS/NOSA <Dana.Morrow@scott.af.mil>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG.'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Unable to 'MOUNT' Floppy Drive

Just loaded FreeBSD 3.4 from CD-ROM onto a Gateway Solo 2500 Laptop
computer. I am unable to mount the floppy drive. I receive an 'input/output
error' after entering the mount command. When I use the 'dmesg' command, I
receive the following -

/kernel: fd0: recal failed ST0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,equ_chck> cyl 0
/kernel: fd0: hard error reading fsbn 0 (No status)

I've tried using 'mount -t /dev/fd0 /floppy'
'mount_msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy'
'mount /dev/fd0 /floppy'

I have created '/floppy' in the root directory.

Any ideas?

regards,

Dana E Morrow
Comm: 618-256-1114