Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 18:10:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@NU.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sound

Hello,

  I have been struggling to configure the sound card for the
  NEC versa laptop that has the following sound configuration:

        2 built-in 1.5 watts(W) each with a maximum 3W output

        i) 16-bit stereo, 44.1Khz
        ii) Sound BlasterPRO compatible
        iii) MIDI Roland: MPU401, UART Mode compatible
        iv) Sound Controller - ESS 1878+ESS938

                             - Interrupt Queue IRQ05
                             - DMA             01

  I can build the kernel to configure the audio card as a Sound Blaster PRO
  compatible. However, I can not configure the kernel to use sequencer.

  I appreciate any help in advance.

Regards,
Gang-Ryung Uh
(uh@cs.fsu.edu)