Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 1995 01:18:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <Ollivier.Robert@keltia.frmug.fr.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Current Users' list)
Subject:   Status of the null FS

Hello,

What is exactly the status of the nullfs ?

I noticed that :
1. it is a very good idea,
2. freefall is using it so I decided to do the same

But, using nullfs gives me consistent panics like the following :

fault virtual address   = 0x0
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0x0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type=0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process         = 58 (install)
interrupt mask          =
panic: page fault
Syncing disks 22 22 20 13 4 1 1 1 1 ..... 1 giving up

I wanted to use nullfs to map /spare/usr/{src,obj} into "real" /usr/src and
/usr/obj to get rid of the looong symbolic links like
/usr/obj/spare/usr/src/lib/libtelnet...

I got 9 panics between yesterday and tonight (eur. time).

Ideas anyone ? I get these panics with both sunday and tuesday sources.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
     FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #15: Tue Feb 28 21:02:39 MET 1995