Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:09:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        grafe@lab12.ie.pitt.edu, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: Audio from ATAPI CDROM following resume?

> > However, following a resume from a suspend, by way of "/usr/sbin/zzz",
> > audio output does not appear at the notebook's speakers,
> I am observing exactly the same symptoms on the same unit under
> -current (no PAO).  The mixer appears to be correctly set following
> resume as well.
>
> Multimedia people; is there anything in the Yamaha OPL-SAX that is
> likely to need reinitialising after power-on to restore operation?

the opl-sax has an independent master volume register, which we
currently set only in the attach routine to max level. maybe that register
is cleared at power up. if this is the case (can be easily tested by
looking at the attach code and trying to set it playing with /dev/io)
one could try to support that with the mixer.

the fact that mixer values are preserved is not significant since
the state of the mixer is cached in the io descriptor and reads do not
go to the chip.

i have no idea, though, what is the correct way to properly resume
operation. is there some specific "resume" interface for a device
driver which can be called ?

	cheers
	luigi