Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:36:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@virginia.edu>, FreeBSD Questions List <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: problems with aha-1520b

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Adrian T. Filipi-Martin wrote:
>
> > 	I am installing a new aha-1520b for a friend, and it is acting up.
> > The aic driver correctly probes and identifies the card and then correctly
> > identifies the attached device.  I have tried both a fujitsu disk and an
> > exebyte 8200 configured for id 6, and in both cases the device is
> > activated by the driver, i.e. the activitiy light comes on, but it never
> > completes a single I/O operation.  Eventually it times out with messages
> > like the following:
> >
> > Feb  3 01:09:40 sol /kernel: sd0(aic0:6:0): timed out
> > Feb  2 23:47:46 sol /kernel: st0(aic0:6:0): timed out
> >
> > 	Are there any known problems with the aic driver and this card?
>
> Check the card's interrupt and make sure it isn't using an IRQ used by
> another device.
>
> Also check your termination.

	Thanks for the suggestion.  It turned out the card was DOA.  Once
I swapped it out with another one, everything worked just fine.

cheers,

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,