Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2020 16:06:01 +0200
From:      DutchDaemon - FreeBSD Forums Administrator <DutchDaemon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unbound and (isc) dhcpd startup order

--Qt2i0UeFThretCxQa9JTLjUVdLdKuzXmS

--ScidIyUKm2JkxTxcbpoB51cJnVULENnie

On 2020-06-15 15:58, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> named is specifically the name of the binary included in the bind
> product, which included the resolver stub, named, and some other
> support utilities like rndc and nslookup.
>
> It would make since to unify these, though that is going to take
> some cafeful thought and co-ordination as to not break peoples
> running systems.  I suspect the ports conflict stuff is keeping
> one from installing unbound, and bind at the same time, arguable
> wrong as one should be able to install both, but only run one
> at a time, or even run both on different ports.

Certainly how I'm doing it:

BIND serves my domains authoritatively, but does no recursive queries
for anyone.

Unbound serves the local resolving tasks.

--- /etc/rc.conf:

named_enable=3D"YES"
unbound_enable=3D"YES"

--- /usr/local/etc/named.conf:

listen-on { xx.22.108.xx; };

--- /usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound.conf:

interface: 127.0.0.1

--- /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 127.0.0.1

Works absolutely fine.