Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:05:51 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Why does "devel/icu" install static libraries with different names?

Hello, Office.

  I have a problem here: my `devel/subversion' port has option to be
 built static. It uses (via subversion native build system)
 "/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.la" to link with sqlite3 (which is
 mandatory dependency).

  When sqlit3 is built with ICU support, this file contains
"-licui18n" as used library. Which is Ok for dynamic linkage.

  But static linkage fails, because name of static library is not
 "libicui18n.a" but "libsicui18n.a" :(

  Why does ICU install static libraries under different names and how
 should I fix this?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>