Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 11:35:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        paul@FreeBSD.org, dufault@hda.com, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: scsi problems

> > Everything is external.
>
> I know you've heard this a hundred times, but, do you have the terminators
> installed and enabled on the 1542?  And are your scsi cables double shielded
> SCSI-ii rated (meaning there should be about 1/2" in diameter, not 3/8")?

Yes, everthying's terminated correctly :-)

Umm not all my cables are scsi-ii though. I'm only running the scsi
bus as 5Mb/s anyway though since the ISA bus on this motherboard
won't go any faster.

Just for general info (and it may be the cause after all) what's the
difference in the specs between a scsi-i and scsi-ii cable and when is
it safe to use scsi-i and when not.

I have had this setup working in the past though, since I installed
off the DAT originally.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul