Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 00:44:46 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0-19980930-BETA, Tyan TomCat II Dual P5-166 is having problems

Just got a board with two P5-166 (not MMX) and installed 3.0-BETA from
9-30. The system has an Adaptec 2940UW, Matrox Mystique 4MB PCI and
an Intel Pro/100B.

If I bring the system up in single CPU mode, everything is fine.
Starting up SMP, I get the message that the MP table is broken, routing
via pin 0. The person who gave me the board, said he had it working with
an earlier snap shot and Linux and it was reporting "routing via pin 2"
(at least under Linux, he can't remember FreeBSD).

The system comes up, but then I get 20-25% of the CPU time eaten by
interrupts, everytime the IRQ of the fxp card. There is no traffic
going out and almost no traffic coming in (a few broadcasts).

systat -vmstat reports 28,000 to 40,000 interrupts on the IRQ of the
network card.

Any idea what is broken ?

--
Regards, Ulf.