Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:50:00 -0800
From:      Roop Nanuwa <roop@hqst.com>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How about them optimizations?

Kirk Strauser wrote:

>At 2004-02-10T20:14:46Z, Roop Nanuwa <roop@hqst.com> writes:
>

>>The only reason they're in there is because I saw them on a website about
>>what people use to optimize gentoo.
>>

>Don't take this wrong, but that's like asking for car performance advice
>From some guy with a whaletail on his Sentra.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I realize that this is about as close to eRicing
as OS discussions get. I was
wondering if there was any merit at all to this. I mean, adding a
spoiler that makes your car look
like a shopping cart is one thing. Putting a reasonable spoiler on a car
is another as it is actually
beneficial to some degree for more than just looks. I was trying to see
where on the spectrum
these optimizations were from "reasonable" to "ricer".

--roop