Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:54:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing multiple Python versions + tkinter

Hi,

I would like to install Python 2.7 in addition to an existing
installation of Python 2.6.  The latter should stay the default
version.  These are the existing Python ports:

python26
py26-tkinter

Now I've installed python27, too.  That works fine so far,
but I would also like to install tkinter for Python 2.7
(because I want to use ttk).  Unfortunately that doesn't
seem to be possible.  The port only builds for 2.6, and
there is no option or other setting, as far as I can see.

What's the proper way to build tkinter for a non-default
Python version?

Best regards
   Oliver

"I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you
I didn't have C++ in mind."
        -- Alan Kay, OOPSLA '97