Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:06:34 -0700
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   AC 97 Soundcard

I'm trying to get sound established for my new 4.6 FreeBSD system and my
sound card is an onboard AC 97 on an MSI (MicroStar Int) MS-6309 LE2
mainboard.

Do I have to compile sound support in the kernel or can I load a kld for
the soundcard? Such as:
root# kldload ac97**module

Can anyone point me to some newbie info on how to do this? I have read
the manual and am still a little unclear what to do with this particular
card.

thanks
dale