Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:29:24 -0400
From:      Jim Barker <jbarker@bbnplanet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jimbark@ibm.net
Subject:   ls-120 drive

I have an ls-120 (Superdisk) drive installed as a slave on the ide
controller that my hard drive is connected to.  When I try to mount the
cdrom (which is on a totally different controller) the ls-120 drive is
accessed and an error shortly thereafter complaining about
superblock's.  I am extremely confused as to why it (FreeBSD 2.2.1) is
even attempting to access the ls-120 when it is on a different
controller.

Another question I have is........
If I decided to write a driver for the ls-120 with no experience of
doing it previously, where would you suggest I begin my quest (note:  I
have a little experience in assembler but in a 16 bit environment)?  I
do have experience in programmming in C.

Thanks for your response in advance and please respond to
jimbark@ibm.net as well as jbarker@bbn.com.

--
Jim Barker
UNIX/NT Administrator