Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:03:38 -0500
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   amavisd-new upgrade fails

Could someone please give me an idea of what could be causing my issue?
I have checked /usr/ports/UPDATING, README's for cabextract and
amavisd-new, RELEASE-NOTES, google'd, checked the cabextract web site
and still nothing to suggest what could be the problem with this error
when doing a portupgrade to amavisd-new 2.2.0 or trying to install
cabextract by itself:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -I./mspack -DMSPACK_NO_DEFAULT_SYSTEM
-O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -c fnmatch.c
fnmatch.c:48:24: safe-ctype.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

I find this missing file 'safe-ctype.h' in
/usr/src/contrib/binutils/include and even try to configure and make the
binutils with an error as a result:

creating Makefile
creating testsuite/Makefile
sed: ./testsuite/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
Configuring opcodes...
configure: error: can not find sources in . or ..
Configure in /usr/src/contrib/binutils/opcodes failed, exiting.

How can I track down this type of error?

--
Robert