Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 02:31:49 -0800
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD on a Libretto 110CT?

I'm thinking seriously of buying a Libretto 110CT and installing
FreeBSD on it.  I'd like to have a small DOS/Windows98 partition and
then use the rest of the disk for FreeBSD.  (I did this with my AST
laptop and it worked just fine.)

I've read that neither FreeBSD nor Linux have drivers which allow
access to the Libretto PCMCIA Floppy disk, however, so I'm a little
concerned about how I would get it installed.  I'm thinking that
probably I could to the following:

1) Use Windoze98 to defragment the disk
2) Use FIPS to split the disk and allocate a partition for FreeBSD
3) Copy all of the FreeBSD installation files I need into my DOS
   partition
4) Boot the FreeBSD floppy
5) Install from the DOS partition

Would this plan work?  I would think I could still boot from the
FreeBSD boot floppy eventhough I wouldn't be able to access it once
FreeBSD is running, right?

Please email me directly since I'm not on this mailing list.  If there
is sufficient interest, I'll send a summary.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

/raj