Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:55:20 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, mezz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/174034: [patch] x11-toolkits/gtk20: needs glproto to build

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM, David Demelier
<demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/12/2012 18:47, mezz@FreeBSD.org wrote:
>>
>> Synopsis: [patch] x11-toolkits/gtk20: needs glproto to build
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>> State-Changed-By: mezz
>> State-Changed-When: Fri Dec 28 17:43:30 UTC 2012
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> There is nothing in gtk20 that suggest require glproto. See here:
>>
>> # cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20
>> # make extract
>> # find work -name \* | xargs egrep -l "glproto"
>> <empty>
>>
>> It sounds like the error was from different port?
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=174034
>>

> Yes but where that error comes from then?
>
> No package 'glproto' found
> -lpangocairo-1.0 -lcairo -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0
> -lgthread-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -pthread -lglib-2.0 -lfreetype -L/usr/local/lib
> -lfontconfig
> Package glproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glproto.pc'
> No package 'glproto' found
>
> I think it is probably a deeper dependency in pkgconfig .pc files. The
> problem is that graphics/cairo is built without OpenGL by default while
> x11-toolkits/gtk20 needs that.

The gtk20 doesn't need glproto at all. If the cairo requires it then
it needs to be added in cairo. I believe that cairo has OpenGL disable
by default, so I doubt that it's this issue but I will check in cairo
though. I have built gtk20 today and it has went well.

--
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team