Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:59:50 +0100
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgng and updated packages

=09
Am 28.01.2013 um 18:31 schrieb Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 06:28:02PM +0100, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> I go from PERL 5.10 to PERL 5.16, for example and it complains that
>> perl5.16 conflicts with perl5.10...
>>=20
>> This I needed, too:
>>=20
>> pkg set -o long/perl5.10:lang/perl5.16
>> pkg remove perl    =20
>> pkg set -o devel/pkg-config:devel/pkgconf
>> pkg remove -f pkg-config
>>=20
>=20
> Hmm, you should not have needed to remove perl or pkg-config.  They
> should have been upgraded as any other package.
>=20

I tried it without and it said it conflicted. It wanted to install =
perl5.16, without doing anything to 5.10.
Maybe it is because I already had PERL_VERSION=3D5.16.2 in =
/etc/make.conf?

I still have a couple of those to upgrade.
I can send pkg_info etc. and the commands I ran from the next server on =
Wednesday night.