Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:29:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Adaptec 2940UW with two cables (50? en 68 bit) doesn't work

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Berend de Boer wrote:

> However, according to the 2940 manual termination should be set to
> Automatic or to something like low/high, but not to off. I haven't tried
> the off setting, I'll try that when I'm at that site again.

The devices at the end of each cable must be terminated and the
controller should be set to high on, low off.  Don't trust
automatic on the controller.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null
       Mail from netcom.com blocked until they stop relaying SPAM