Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 03:07:36 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/named.boot or /etc/namedb/named.boot?

In message <9503201851.AA27463@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu> Garrett
    Wollman writes:

><<On Mon, 20 Mar 1995 20:56:43 +0300, "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su> said:

>> My named start to fail due to recent /etc/rc changes:

>You should have read the rc files before you installed new ones.

I was looking, but didn't eye-catch such small change.
I don't remember that commit log points about this fact too.
It isn't so-called 'bug report', I just wonder about proper
location of named.boot and doubt that namedb dir is right place.

>The place where we install the default files is /etc/namedb, so for
>most users that is the correct location.

named manpage refers to /etc/named.boot, moreover sources itself
refers to /etc/named.boot.
When named called without -b, it looks /etc/named.boot too.
What is the reason to move it to namedb directory?

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -