Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:24:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        bmilekic@technokratis.com (Bosko Milekic)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vx, lge, nge, dc, rl, sf, sis, sk, vr, wb users please TEST

> Hi Guys,
>
> 	I know I've been bothering you a lot lately, but there's one more
> thing that I need some (or one) of you to test out, if you're using one
> (or more) of the following:
>
> 	- if_vx
> 	- if_lge
> 	- if_nge
> 	- if_dc
> 	- if_rl
> 	- if_sf
> 	- if_sis
> 	- if_sk
> 	- if_vr
> 	- if_wb
>
> 	and -CURRENT
> 	to test out:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~bmilekic/code/mdevget.patch
>
>   as soon as possible.

Please run this past Bill Paul.

The reason for the pre-adjustment of the m_devget is to ensure
that the structure in the IP header is aligned, given the fact
that there is a 14 byte ethernet header in front of it.

An alignment of 16 should work on the Alpha and IA64, without
needing modification.

The m_devget basically copies the data to force it to be aligned
(ugly, but necessary on brain damaged hardware).

Are these changes really necessary for the Alpha to work?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.