Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 08:23:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: DPT problem with new boot.flp

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> Hi Tom Samplonius;  On 11-Aug-97 you wrote:
> >
> >   I'm having a problem with the new boot.flp from
> > sendero-ppp.i-connect:/crash/.  Basically, sysinstall hangs during
> > newfs'ing rsd0s1e.  I turned debugging on, and the last line displayed
> > was:
> >
> > DEBUG: Executing command `newfs -b 8192 -f 1024 /mnt/dev/rsd0s1e'
> >

> >   I can still switch consoles, so it isn't completely hung, but ^C and
> > CTRL-ALT-DEL do nothing.
> >
> >   I used "auto" during the label step, to setup a stock filesystem
> > layout.
> >
> >   I'm using this with a PM334UW on PPro 200 motherboard with 5 4GB drives
> > setup as RAID-5 array.
>
> Which P6 motherboard?  What version of the driver is on that floppy?
> i have not updated a boot floppy in a long time...

  It is ASUS P6 motherboard.  I don't recall the model, but it one that
uses a CPU daughtercard.

  The DPT driver on the floppy claims to be 1.1.2

  Another point, that I'm not sure was clear from my original message, is
this sysinstall newfs's partitions backwards, so it completly newsfs'ed
rsd0s1f (a 16GB /usr filesystem), then hangs on newfs'ing rsd0s1e (a
30MB /var filesystem).

> Simon

Tom