Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:19:52 +0100
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible memory leak?

Sometimes I'm noticing very high memory usage. Nearly my whole memory (1GB) is
used although I'm running my usual set of processes - normally memory usage
is much lower.

I killed most processes but memory usage remains high.

Summing the VSZ values of the ps aux output gives about 34MB. top reports
316MB active memory.

Where did my memory go? Are there any tools for debugging this?

I don't know what's causing this. I'm using the snd_envy24 driver from
current, but I think I've seen the problem also when not using sound.

dmesg/ps/top output can be found here:
http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0125637/fbsd/

If needed, I can provide more details.

Stefan