Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:52:25 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        "James N. Brown" <ressnet@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: License Issues

On Wed 2000-06-28 (08:44), James N. Brown wrote:
> I'm developing a freebsd based product for sale. Where would I obtain a copy
> of the license agreement, and are there as many licensing  concerns with
> freebsd as with linux?
>
> Thanks.
>
> I sent another similar message a moment ago but got an error message. If it
> made it through, don't bother with this one.

Most of the code is under FreeBSD, BSD, or GPL licenses.  The FreeBSD
and BSD licenses are very friendly to you, examples are in
/usr/share/examples/etc/bsd-style-license and /COPYRIGHT on FreeBSD
machines.  The GPL may be a bit more problematic, but only if you make
any changes to the GPL source.  Otherwise, you're fine, just be sure to
read and understand the licenses.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner