Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:54:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Terry J Dunlap Jr <terry.dunlap@wku.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: bsdi-netscape-communicator-4.75

> I'm using XFree86-4.2.0. Will I experience problems if I attempt to install
> Netscape since the port requires XFree86-3.3.6?

The port didn't specifically depend on XFree86 3.3.6.  I know that it
worked with XFree86 4.1.0. I speak in the past tense because I removed the
bsdi-netscape ports.  They have security problems and should only be used
to view trusted materials.  Really it's best not to use them at all.  I
recommend Mozilla instead.  It's not nearly as slow as it used to be.
--
Trevor Johnson