Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 97 17:15:08 -0700
From:      Chris Roehrig <croehrig@House.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FWD: Philips SAA7116 PDF needed

Amancio:   Thanks!  I got the saa7196.pdf from your site; hopefully you'll be
able to track down the saa7116.pdf too.   Thanks for the help!

FYI, I spoke to Matrox and even though Philips is discontinuing the 7116,
Matrox has a large supply of them and has no plans to discontinue the Meteor.

Also, I'm planning on adding YUV planar support to synchronous continuous
capture (to support monochrome grabs from colour cameras; just grab the
Y-plane).  Has this already been done in the FreeBSD driver?  It's not in the
2.2.1-RELEASE.   Perhaps I should roll my changes back into the FreeBSD driver
if I can untangle myself from some NDA's...

---
Chris Roehrig                                               croehrig@House.ORG
Neuroscience and Computer Science at University of British Columbia, Vancouver
http://www.House.ORG/chris                      http://www.sns.cs.ubc.ca/chris