Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:03:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Nick Faso <fason@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem configuration

I recompiled my kernel, for a new modem.  I then added specified my modems
serial port in the ppp configuration file.  I then executed the ppp
command => term at the ppp prompt => then I got an error stating that my
modem was not configured.  How do I configure it?  Is this a sign that I
might have a WinModem?  Previously I had used the wrong serial port in the
ppp config file, and I got a different error.  When I specified the
correct serial port I got this error, so I am pretty sure that It finds
the modem.
Thanks,
Nick