Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:08:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Xfree86 screen messed up.

Hello,
I changed video board and removed the S3 and replaced with a Matrox
Millennium II on my AlphaStation 255/233MHz

Now X11 works. I mean it starts...
the problem is that the screen is completely messed.
It does not refresh the windows and I have to manually refresh the screen
all the time. If you open a program like xv the images are not showed
unless you explicity make a manual refresh or hide the xv windows with an
other window and then expose it.
It really is messy and unusable. Anyone had this problem ??
I am using XFree86 3.3.6 from the standard FreeBSD distribution.

Thanks!

Rick