Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:44:35 -0400
From:      Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner@siemens.com>
To:        "'Joshua Lee'" <yid@softhome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Upgrading SSH

>cvsup and so-called make world

I'm familiar with this and run 'make world' often
in order to stay up to date.  However, it's my
understanding that Openssh-3.4 wasn't included
with the base install, meaning that simply running
cvsup and doing a 'make world' would still leave you
with the vulnerable version.  Is this incorrect?

FWIW, I was able to upgrade to 3.4 by killing the current sshd daemon job,
installed /usr/ports/security/openssh and then changed the
"Enable SSH" line in /etc/rc.conf to "NO" Lastly, I copied sshd.sh.sample
to sshd.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and issued:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/./sshd.sh start

Thanks should go to Scott Robbins for helping me
with this on 7/2

Thanks

Joe

Siemens - Health Services

Joe Warner
Operations Technical Analyst II
215 North Admiral Byrd Rd., Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Ph:  801-539-4978
Fax: 801-533-8004