Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:46:07 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Alexander Churanov <alexanderchuranov@gmail.com>
Cc:        chukharev@mail.ru, "freebsd-qa@freebsd.org" <freebsd-qa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About ports QA by 'port test'

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 04:05:31PM +0300, Alexander Churanov wrote:
> Vladimir and other folks,
>=20
> I've just looked at the logs for my ports. It's worth to notice that
> portlint gives just wrong results. For example, for devel/boost-jam it
> reports the following:
>=20
> FATAL: Makefile: PORTVERSION or DISTVERSION has to be there.
>=20
> (reported at
> http://kemia.me.tut.fi/~chu/FreeBSD.port_tests/devel/boost-jam/test.log)
>=20
> However, if you cd to /usr/ports/devel/boost-jam and type "make -V
> PORTVERSION", then make prints "1.41.0". The same with MAINTAINER and oth=
er
> variables reported as missing.
>=20
> So don't take the reports too seriously. It's just a reminder to
> double-check, not the facts.

I wonder if portlint could grow some kind of "ignore these specific
warnings and errors" capability, similar to lintian's override list
in Debian.  I'll have to think about it a bit - maybe the warnings and
errors could have a tag, not just a free-text description.  I'll think
about it a bit longer and then possibly come up with a proposal of
some kind, or maybe even prototype code :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@space.bg    roam@ringlet.net    roam@FreeBSD.org