Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:03:56 -0600
From:      "Brian H" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mount_smbfs

Greetings:
I am trying to use mount_smb to mount a share on a windows machine on my
local area network.
The problem is I think I need to authenticate with a domain controller to do
so. I have tried
a couple of things, but i have had no success. Here is what i have tried so
far. Any thoughts?

mount_smbfs -I <ip address of the machine that has the share>

for username I have tried: the domain/username and just the username bare. I
get the same results.

Thanks,

Brian

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/