Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:30:47 -0500
From:      Toby Boudreaux <toby@barbariangroup.com>
To:        "Jan Mikkelsen" <janm@transactionware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't install FreeBSD 6.1 on DL145 G2

Hi, Jan. Thanks for the reply.

I think I've found the problem.

I'm using a USB CD-ROM to install, and it seems to hit a bug with
FreeBSD (#85257).

I've tried to burn the ISO to my Sandisk Cruzer 2GB thumb drive and
boot from it, but it never seems to boot. It just hangs with a
blinking cursor.

My server has no internal CD-ROM drive, and floppy support (I have a
USB floppy drive) doesn't seem to work with the amd64 distro.

I'm kind of stuck now.

Any ideas on any front? :)

Toby Joe Boudreaux
Director of Technology