Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:10:06 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        John David Duncan <jdd@greatschools.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AIC-7902 (Utlra 320)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 14:51:54 -0700, John David Duncan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a new SuperMicro motherboard with this on-board Adaptec AIC-7902
> controller.  I'd like to run -STABLE on it.  Can anyone tell me when the
> controller might be supported, or what I can do to help?

Justin <gibbs@FreeBSD.org> says the ahd(4) driver will probably go into
-stable sometime this weekend.

It may not be the final version before 4.7-release, since he's still
working through bugs found by the Adaptec test folks.

(They're testing the Linux driver, but the core code is the same between
the Linux and FreeBSD drivers.)

There is an older version of the driver in -current (from June), but I'd
recommend just waiting for the new version of the driver this weekend.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org