Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:52:13 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        "peter kok" <aoypcc@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PHP, MYSQL and apache

Apache, PHP, and MySQL install exactly the same way on FreeBSD as they do on
Linux.  But, the prefered method, is to use the ports system to get the job
done.  Read on.

First, make sure you're up to date on the ports collection.  cvsup using
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile (or a subset of that file).

Next, build and install the apache port:

	cd /usr/ports/www/apache13 && make install

Then, build and install PHP:

	cd /usr/ports/www/php[34] && make install

The PHP port will ask you what support you want to include.  If you select
MySQL, the PHP port will build and install MySQL as a dependancy.

G'luck,

--
  Troy Settle
  Network Analyst

It's always a long day... 86400 doesn't fit into a short