Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 16:29:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.win.tue.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Increasing openinfo.cachesize in pwd_mkdb (was Re: Incremental [s]pwd.db updates?)

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Guido van Rooij wrote:

> Wait a few days..I'll commit my diffs to -current then.

   I've come across some master.passwd files that cause my patched
version of pwd_mkdb to segfault, but work fine with the standard
binary.  It may not be possible to arbitrarily set the cachesize value
without tweaking some of the other parameters passed to the db hashing
functions.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.