Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:35:16 +0000
From:      David Pick <D.M.Pick@qmw.ac.uk>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Restructuring authorization checks to facilitate new security models

The subject/object model looks reasonable, but I suspect that some
operations will turn out to have more than one object operand; for
example a user/process (subject) mounting (operation) a file system
(object) at a particular place in the already mounted filesystem
(second object). I also suspect that the exact choice of which
subject to use will not always be obvious; in my example will it
be the user or the process? - the criteria about what object should
"inherit" what capabilities from what object and be controlled by
any ACLs tagged on to which object will be a good generator of
(ahem) debate.

--
	David Pick