Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 09:51:27 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@sfc.wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: date change and wtmp record

From: J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 16:16:33 +0200 (MET DST)

> >      I noticed wtmp(5) man page says that `{' is recorded in the field
> > ut_line when the system date is changed.  However, `}' is recorded in
> > my wtmp instead.
>
> Not so for me:

    Hmnmmm, several people responded to my question and told me that
they have '{'.
     So, I changed the date to see what happens to my wtmp:

% last date
date      }                         Mon May  6 09:41   still logged in
date      |                         Mon May  6 09:42
date      }                         Mon May  6 09:41   still logged in
date      |                         Mon May  6 09:40
date      }                         Wed May  1 09:20 - shutdown  (13:41)
date      |                         Wed May  1 09:21

wtmp begins Wed May  1 09:21

     I believe I haven't changed any of relevant source code.  Now, if
anyone can suggest me where to look at to observe the problem more
closely, I try to find out what's going on.

     Thanks.

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : t94303mn@sfc.keio.ac.jp / max@sfc.wide.ad.jp
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~t94303mn