Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:53:34 -0500
From:      Mike <skel@ewenix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kern polling and kern.polling.user_frac

Greetings
  I am running 5.0 and wish to enable kern.polling.enable
as per the NOTES file in /usr/sys/src/i386/conf/NOTES
When I try to do a sysctl kern.polling.enable
I get no such oid.
Doing a sysctl -a | grep polling returns nothing.
Also if I try to do a sysctl kern.polling.user_frac I as well get no such OID.
Is this value outdated in 5.0?
I did a sysctl -a and looked through all the settings and did not find much
closely associated.
I wish to compile it right into the kernel yet I thought doing a sysctl
first and seeing
how the machine responds first would be wiser.
Any comments suggestions would be appreciated thanks
Mike