Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:16:33 -0700
From:      "Kirk Davis" <Kirk.Davis@epsb.ca>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What does the net.inet.ip.fastforwarding sysctl do?

Hi,
	I have am setting up a router that needs to handle a lot of
traffic.  I am using a Dell 2950 that I have added Intel Gig cards into
(em).  This server will be running quagga (for BGP) and also use a
couple of IPFW FWD rules to forward packets to another host.

	In order to get the forwarding speed I need I have turned on the
sysctl variable net.inet.ip.fastforwarding=3D1     What is the
ramifications of this?  Will it still work with routing software like
quagga or allow IPFW to still forward packets?

---- Kirk