Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 00:08:03 +0100 (CET)
From:      Patrick Barmentlo <pbm@barmentlo.net>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: examples rules ipfw

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Brian W. Buchanan wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Patrick Barmentlo wrote:
>
> > Can someone please point me out to some good examples for the rc.firewall
> > file (ipfw )??
> > (with most variant of opties/features...)
> >
> > i have to set up some filtering, but still having some difficulties with
> > it after checking freebsd.org....
>
> What kind of filtering?  For a single machine, or on a gateway for a LAN?
This what it is about,

i have a bsd host with ep0 and ppp0 interfaces
(the ppp0 is connected to the Internet, of course ;-))

i have a small subnet, so i don't need to do any 'nat'

I want to allow all traffic out of my 'lan' to the internet,
but only want to allow mail (smtp) and dns from the internet in..
(and eventualy other services)
I also want to allow from a certain host traffic into my 'lan'

If you can help me with something like this , the it would help me on the
right way..

;-)

thanks..