Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 01:28:18 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux emulation doesn't work

	When I try to run an ELF Linux binary, I get:

ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found

	However,

-rwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  21367 Oct 25  1996 /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1*

	It does seem to be there.  'File' claims:

/compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (Linux), not stripped

	What's going on here?  /compat is a symlink to /usr/compat
but other than that everything seems straightforward.  This used
to work.  Yes, the LINUX kernel module has been loaded at boot time.

Mike O'Brien