Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 19:54:49 +0530
From:      Sid Carter <sidcarter@symonds.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   wordnet port... when run, wnb gives an error

Hi,

I just installed wordnet from ports and I get these errors when I try
to run "wnb"

----------------------------------
[calvin] ~> wnb
Error in startup script: couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/libtclwn1.so.7": Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/libtclwn1.so.7"
    while executing
"load /usr/local/lib/libtclwn1.so.7 Wordnet"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Wordnet"
    (file "/usr/local/bin/wnb" line 3)
----------------------------------

And these are the errors I get when I deinstall wordnet.

----------------------------------
calvin# pkg_deinstall wordnet
--->  Deinstalling 'wordnet-1.7'
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtclwn1.so.7' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtclwn1.so' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
incorrectly specified?)
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 83 packages found (-1 +0) (...) done]
calvin# uname -a
FreeBSD calvin 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Fri May 17 23:34:31 IST 2002     root@calvin:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
-----------------------------------

Looks like the library "libtclwn1.so.7" is not being installed as part of the
port installation or the library is not being created.

Any clue as to how I can solve this ?

TIA
Regards
	Sid
--
I've known him as a man, as an adolescent and as a child -- sometimes
on the same day.

Sid Carter                                             Debian GNU/Linux.