Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 2021 06:01:56 -0400
From:      D'Arcy Cain <darcy@druid.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build a working package for texlive-texmf

On 2021-04-20 10:44 a.m., D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> On 2021-04-20 9:05 a.m., Mateusz Piotrowski wrote:
>> On 20/04/2021 14:36, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
>>> I guess my next step is to install gdb and build pkg with symbols
>>> unless someone can point me to an easy answer.
>>
>> Just a note: you may have a debugger already installed as
>> /usr/bin/lldb. Also, pkg, in contrast to other binaries, is not
>> stripped, so the chances are that you are not going to have to rebuild
>> anything.
>
> You are correct.  I have run it and found that it fails in the function
> pkg_parse_archive.  It calls pkg_parse_manifest and on return it does a
> comparison and then jumps to a call to __stack_chk_fail.
>
> It still smells like a size issue but I am not sure how to fix it.  The
> package installs on the ports server with "make clean package install"
> and the client machine has more memory than it.  The ports server has
> 2GB and the client has 8GB.

Five months later and I still have this issue.

This morning I tried installing the package from the FreeBSD repository
and I have the same problem with that one.

Can anyone suggest anything else that I can try?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.