Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:53:09 -0400
From:      Gary Algier <gaa@dgms.com>
To:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrecord: what device?

andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de wrote:

> > Ok, I have a Yamaha CRW4260.  It is connected to an Adaptec 2940UW.
> > I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6.
[...]
> > I can access the device just fine as /dev/cd0c as if it is a cdrom
[...]

> I have enabled worm0 in the kernel and the cdrecord port will
> create the following link when being installed:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   sys             10 Feb 13 10:09 scgx@ -> rworm0.ctl
>
> which works great here with my Yamaha CDR100
>
>         -Andre

I looked at the /dev directory and there was:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   sys             10 Apr 14 14:23 sgx@ -> rworm0.ctl

Notice the misspelled name.  I checked and the other FreeBSD system I have
had the same entry.  I have no idea how it got created.

I tried to install the worm driver, but it won't find it, no how.
I unconfigured "cd0" and it then shows up as "uk0".  I finally configured
"cd0" in and "worm0" out. I then just tried a variation on what you did
and:
	cd /dev ; ln -s rcd0.ctl scgx

This works just fine.

Thanks for the help.

Gary Algier, WB2FWZ       gary.algier@dgms.com              +1 609 608 2758
DGM&S Telecom, 1025 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054     Fax:+1 609 866 8850
        Paul Petzoldt on the renaming of Mount Washington:
"I Call it the New England Booby Trap.  We see Ph.D.'s from private schools
taking kids up there in shorts.  People die like flies up there!"