Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:18:04 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        "sbruno@freebsd.org" <sbruno@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zfs zlib and net/zlib conflict

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On 2012-Oct-09 14:28:36 -0700, Sean Bruno <seanbru@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>I guess the "fastest" solution would be to simply rename functions in
>the cddl version of zlibc and update the cddl code appropriately?

I'd agree that's the fastest.  The downside is that renaming functions
in the CDDL source would make it harder to import updates.  If this
approach was used, it should probably be done using #defines in a
header file (along the lines of libc's namespace.h).

In the long term, it would be nice to have all zlib consumers share
a single zlib (though this would entail non-trivial effort).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--